Voluntary Centre Services and other local partners are currently working with Communtiy Lincs to explore the opportunity to develop a Good Neighbour Scheme for the uphill area of Gainsborough.
On Wednesday 9th May an information event will take place at the Gainsborough Uphill Community Centre, 2pm-8.30pm and we are keen to hear from residents, employees and local businesses/organisations operating in the local area.
What is a Good Neighbour Scheme?
Schemes are run by local volunteers who provide day to day
support for other residents aged over 18 years old who
may need help on an occasional basis such as:
• Companionship or social outings
• Caring for pets during holidays or illness
• Errands and shopping
• Filling in forms, writing letters, reading or help to use
• Lifts to a GP surgery, clinic, hospital or day centre
• Household tasks
Would you like to help or would you benefit from a local scheme?
• Drop-in for a chat, have a ‘cuppa’ and a biscuit!
• Find information and what help is available to set-up a scheme
• Attend a short Good Neighbour Scheme presentation at 3pm
or 5pm or 7pm and get your questions answered
• Register your interest
No need to book, just call in to the Gainsborough Uphill Community Centre any time between 2pm- 8.30pm on Wednesday 9th May.