Places are still available for the 2 day workshop in Lincoln on 22-23 May 2017
As the world’s leading suicide intervention workshop, LivingWorks’ ASIST program is supported by numerous evaluations including independent and peer-reviewed studies. ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand how personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide
- Feel confident identifying and providing suicide first-aid to persons with current thoughts of suicide in ways that meet individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Identify and make effective use of community resources, ensuring appropriate connection to other sources of support and safety
- Use mental wellbeing strategies, including life-promotion and self-care for both caregivers and persons at risk.
ASIST is suitable for anyone over 16, especially those working in Mental Health, General Practice, Housing and Homelessness, Drug and Alcohol Misuse/ addictions, Counselling, Debt and Benefits advice, Youth work, Student support, Emergency Services, Prisons, Custody and Rehabilitation, Veteran’s support, Care of the Elderly, Occupational Health and Employee Assistance, Bereavement Support, Management of Chronic ill-health and Disability, LGBT support, Victim Support…..etc.
The price of £150 includes all course materials, including workbook and Certificate of Completion, as well as teas and coffees during breaks. We suggest bringing a packed lunch. Eventbrite may charge additional booking fees.
To apply for a place please go to the booking page here.