The Way Ahead: An Employment, Training and Careers Event
Hosted by the West Lindsey Employment & Skills Partnership
Date: Thursday 15th June 2017
Venue: The Blues Club, North Street, Gainsborough
Time: 12:00 noon – 6pm
You are invited to participate in this FREE event! We are looking for employers, training providers and advice agencies that would be willing to volunteer their time to talk to local residents about their organisations either through the use of an exhibition stand, or by delivering interactive activities. The purpose of the event is to highlight employment opportunities and to enable people to move forward in a positive direction.
Training Providers and Voluntary Organisations:
An opportunity to have a range of providers ‘under one roof’ offering support to those seeking employment, career guidance, training and volunteering opportunities. There will also be quiet areas for one-one discussions.
A chance to showcase local employers from a broad range of sectors offering current/future job vacancies, apprenticeships and work placements or traineeships; this event also provides an opportunity for local people to speak to employers and find what qualities and attributes they are looking for when they recruit.
Providers have volunteered to deliver short presentations throughout the afternoon on a range of employability opportunities and support. Workshops confirmed include:
- Preparing for Work: Developing CV’s and planning for interviews
- Disability in the Workplace: Information about support and help that is available.
- Managing Money: Hints and tips to help people get their finances back on track.
- Benefits of Volunteering: Find out how rewarding it can be to volunteer.
- Is an Apprenticeship right for me? : All the information that people need to know!
- Workplace Behaviour: What do employers expect?
Find out more and book a stall at https://www.west-lindsey.gov.uk/the-way-ahead/