Lincolnshire Community Foundation continues to manage the Dulverton Trust where small not for profit groups (with an annual income of less than £200,000) can apply for Grants of £500 to £5,000. [Projects in North or North East Lincolnshire are not eligible to apply].
£7,500 is available in the final round of funding for 2013-14 and the next closing date for receipt of applications is on 1 January 2015. To date, the fund has helped provide equipment to enable young people to access outdoor activities, a contribution towards transport for a local ATC group, accessibility to a nature and conservation project and funds to deliver numeracy, literacy and employability skill for young people.
The Fund will support a wide range of charitable activities and particularly aims to support project that:
- Support local solutions to meet local needs
- Promote community cohesion
- Develop sustainable and supportive communities
- Provide social and educational development opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people
- Support the general conservation and protection of wildlife habitats
- Preservation (particularly heritage skills)
The Fund will not support:
- Retrospective grants
- Direct replacement of statutory obligation and public funding
- Individual schools or other educational establishments
- health, medicine and medical conditions including drug and alcohol addiction
- therapy and counselling
- specific support for people with disabilities
- the arts*, including theatre, music and drama
- sport*, including sports centres and individual playing field projects
- animal welfare or projects concerning the protection of single species
- expeditions and research projects
- conferences, cultural festivals, exhibitions and events
- improvements and adaptions to church buildings.
*Except where used as a means of achieving one of the Dulverton Trust’s funding priorities.
If you are interested in applying, why not visit the Grants Page at http://lincolnshirecf.co.uk for further details or contact Sue Fortune on 01529 305825 for an informal chat to see if your project is eligible.