What is European Funding?
European funding programmes provide financial support to public and private organisations, and in rare cases to individuals in the form of grants in order to help them implement projects or activities that further the EU policies, programmes and interests.
The 2014-20 programme brings together ESF (Employment and skills), ERDF (Innovation, ICT, SME competitiveness and low carbon) and EAFRD (Rural development) funding streams through the single European Structural and Investment Programme.
What are Local Enterprise Partnerships and what is their role?
The Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership (GLLEP) covers the County of Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire. Greater Lincolnshire LEP Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) sets out the priorities for growth in Greater Lincolnshire.
A local European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF) committee has been established to take a strategic oversight of local investments. This committee contains a community and voluntary sector representative.
What is Involving Lincs?
What is the 3rd Sector & Social Inclusion Strategy?
• To demonstrate how the 3rd sector contributes to the economy of Greater Lincolnshire.
• To identify challenges and barriers faced by the sector and local stakeholders.
• To increase confidence in the sector to work together in a cohesive manor to deliver stronger outcomes for Greater Lincolnshire.
• To Identify how the sector can deliver on the social inclusion agenda and how it cuts across other priorities within the Strategic Economic Plan.
The strategy is built around the following themes:
• Lincolnshire’s Businesses (Small business, innovation and growth).
• Community and a sense of place (Environment and heritage)
• Empowering People (Employment and skills)
Which other partnerships are we working with?
These partners are:
• Financial Inclusion Partnership (FIP) – Focusing on financial inclusion.
• Employment and Skills Board – Focusing on employment and skills activity as the employment and skills sub group of the LEP.
What are ‘opt in’ partners?
Initial opt in partners have been confirmed as:
• Big Lottery Fund
• Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
• Skills Funding Agency (SFA)
What are the timescales for EU funding?
Timeframes and applications processes for ‘opt in’ partners are also being developed and will be announced in due course.
How can I get involved?
Please contact Ben Barley on 01522 551683 or email@example.com for further information.