This free full day course will provide a clear explanation of the roles and responsibilities of trustees, company directors and the company secretary of a charitable company.
Topics covered include:
• The different types of legal structures for charitable companies.
• What is expected of both charity trustees and company directors in their role.
• The duties and responsibilities of a company secretary.
• Practical ideas on how to develop an effective board of directors.
The course will be delivered by Ruth Holmes of Holmes Consultancy Services, who has extensive experience of designing and delivering training for the voluntary sector throughout Lincolnshire.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
• Describe two advantages of an incorporated legal structure.
• Explain what a charity trustee’s ‘duty of compliance’ entails.
• Identify three similarities between the roles of charity trustees and company directors.
• Explain the importance of a close working relationship between the company secretary and the board of directors.
• Describe three key qualities required for the role of the Chair of a board of directors.
This course is suitable for those new to any of these roles as well as anyone wishing to refresh their knowledge.
This course is endorsed by the Faculty of Secretaries and Certificates of Achievements will be awarded to those who pass the optional end of course exam.
For further information or to book a place please contact Kevin Edwards at Lincolnshire CVS on 01205 365580 ext 204 or, visit www.lincolnshirecvs.org.uk and follow the training links.