We intend to populate this page with Frequently Asked Questions which, we hope, can give you help and guidance. They will be based on the most commonly asked questions that you, the partners, have asked us, the project team, and it’s likely that the page will continue to grow as the project progresses.
- I need to add a new member of staff or volunteer as an Admin on our APTEM/MWS account. How do I do that? Contact one of the MOVE Project Team (Jennie or Les) with the new user’s full name, email address and job title. Once they have been set up, they will receive an email requesting that they log in to activate their account. Please note that nobody else is able to set up administrator accounts on this system: if you try to log in and see an error message referring to ‘access codes’ please call us!
- . I don’t seem to have had an email to activate my account? Check your Spam folder, but if you can’t find it let Jennie or Les know and they can resend the email.
- How do I get back into the Onboarding Wizard if I’ve already come out of it? You can get back into the Onboarding Wizard at any time by going into a participant’s record, clicking on ‘Programme’ then click on the drop down arrow next to ‘Programme’. There you will see in light blue the option to ‘Show Wizard’. You can move forwards and backwards through the different sections of the wizard using the slider at the top of the page.
- Is there a user guide on APTEM/MWS that I can print out and get to grips with? Yes: after you log in, there is at the top right-hand side of the page a link that says ‘Site Help’. Clicking on this will automatically start to download the PDF user guide. Please bear in mind though that APTEM/MWS will be making updates periodically, so don’t assume that nothing will ever change in the guide.
- I need to be able to see what all of my MOVE delivery team are doing on APTEM/MWS so I can report on what our organisation is doing, and for quality assurance purposes. Is it possible to have access to all of my organisation’s APTEM/MWS accounts? Yes, but we would not expect more than one person per organisation to need this ‘super user’ permission. If you feel this would be useful, please contact Jennie.
- I want to enrol a participant on APTEM/MWS. Do we give them a password? No. When an invitation is sent to the participant’s email address and they activate their account, it asks them to choose their own password (though it will advise them how strong that password is). If your client is concerned about the security of passwords, there is a website that can generate random strong passwords: Strong Password Generator.Com
- I have a new member of the team who will be using APTEM/MWS, and they could do with some training on the system. Can you provide this? A series of live webinars are run at regular intervals, and invitations are sent out to all registered APTEM/MWS users (we will also flag this up to everyone on the communications list). The user guide can also be quite helpful (click on ‘site help’ on the home screen after you log on, and it will take you to the pdf document . If you have any specific queries, please don’t hesitate to contact the MOVE team.
- I want to practice using this system but not with a ‘real’ participant. Can I set up a dummy account? Yes! The main thing to remember is that the dummy account should be assigned to the MOVE Test Group, rather than to your own organisation. (It’s not irretrievable if you make a mistake, but does tend to make the reporting look odd if we haven’t picked up on it. This is why it might also be a good idea to put the word ‘test’ into the dummy account name!)
- The enrolment form asks for an enrolment number – what should this be? The system automatically generates a reference number in the format: GLinc/1/1/000xyz. This is created when you complete the enrolment. If you need to see their reference later in the programme, go into ‘edit user details’ and you will find the number there.
- I started entering my client’s details onto APTEM/MWS but stopped at the point where I was asked if I had seen evidence of her eligibility, as at that stage I hadn’t. Now that I have that evidence I have tried to go back into edit this client’s details but can only see the first page of the form with her basic contact details. Why can’t I see any more information? As far as the system is concerned, this person hasn’t been enrolled, so it assumes you started taking the person’s details, found they were ineligible and thus withdrew them from the programme. So you will need to go into their record, click on ‘Programme’ and ‘Apply’ When you have the eligibility evidence, you can select ‘yes’ and enrol the participant. A participant is not properly enrolled until that evidence is attached.
- Do participant referrals to your organisation within the MOVE partnership become your participant on APTEM/MWS? No, support of any referred participants is part of the contract. The participant is registered on the system with their initial point of contact.
- Where can I find the participant’s generated reference number on APTEM/MWS? The generated reference number will show on the user profile page. It is next to the user’s name. The reference numbers also show in the reports.
- What procedure do I follow when closing a participant’s file on APTEM/MWS? Once the participant has completed their final activity (for example gained employment) on the project, you must ensure their file presents a clear and accurate picture of their journey through the project. Before the participant leaves the project you must ensure you have all the evidence to ensure eligibility, progression and results. All evidence documents should be uploaded onto their APTEM/MWS User Profile under ‘documents’. Please also keep all original documents which have to be kept until 2026, and will be viewed by Jennie at your quarterly partner meetings.
MOVE Participant Entry and Exit Information FAQ
- Where can I find the BBO forms? The latest forms can be found on the funder’s website.
- What is the purpose of collating participant information? All the information on the participant entry and exit forms will be used to maintain the participant monitoring spreadsheet. This is sent to us as the lead organisation on a quarterly basis from each partner.
- What evidence do I require for participants that have moved into employment? You require at least one of the following pieces of evidence:
- A letter or document from the employer confirming that the participant has started their new job
- A payslip
- A signed contract of employment
Note that the date of starting employment must be within 4 weeks of the leaving date of the participant
4. What procedure do I follow when closing a participant’s file? Once the participant has completed their final activity (for example gained employment) on the project, you must ensure their file presents a clear and accurate picture of their journey through the project. Before the participant leaves the project you must ensure you have all the evidence to ensure eligibility, progression and results.
All evidence documents should be uploaded onto their APTEM/MWS User Profile under ‘documents’. Please also keep all original documents which have to be kept until 2026, and will be viewed by Jennie at your quarterly partner meetings.
5. What would be the procedure if the participant left the Greater Lincolnshire area? The participant would have to exit the Greater Lincolnshire MOVE project. There could be a possibility of signposting participants onto other similar BBO projects. These are currently being listed on APTEM/MWS as referral organisations, once the projects become ‘Live’.
6. What happens when a participant comes in and out of the MOVE project? If a past participant comes back into the project, then their previous outcome is wiped on APTEM/MWS. More up-to-date evidence would be required to evidence that the participant is out of work, to ensure the participant in eligible to join the MOVE project again.
7. Now that we have to include a NI number for all participants to use as a URN, what about young people at risk of becoming NEET who are 15 and do not yet have an NI number? How can we get around this? The funders have responded regarding the NI number issue for young people who haven’t been issued one yet, you will need to collect the names, DOB, proof of age and they will issue a unique reference number in these cases only.
Eligible Direct Expenditure FAQ
- What evidence needs to be attached to staff time sheet? Just narrative is fine; the auditors will look at evidence in more detail.
- Is activity recorded on APTEM/MWS enough evidence for participant activity? Yes this is sufficient.
- Do staff pay slips need to reflect exact MOVE hours? No, but staff time sheets should correspond with hours worked and hours stated on their employment contract.
- Regarding recruitment, can partner organisations use existing staff for the MOVE project, or do they have to recruit new staff? Please refer to what was stated in your initial application.
- Is there a requirement for petrol receipts? No, just state the mileage incurred.
- Can receipts and invoices be scanned and sent as pdf? Yes
- Will DWP cover such expenses as travelling to an appointment for MOVE? There have been various ongoing discussions with DWP, and they will pay for certain costs, although do not provide an inclusive list. More guidance will be available on the MOVE website shortly.
- Are we encouraged to pay the service provider directly for any costs? Yes this is what we aim to do, to remove the barrier to participation.