If you have an idea for a charitable or community project, we can offer one to one advice on:
- Finding out if there is a need, and proving it
- Setting clear aims and objectives
- Choosing the right legal structure and business model
- Constitutions, governing documents and roles of committee members
- Raising funds and generating other income
- Involving volunteers and other people who can help
- Organising meetings and running your group
- Planning ahead
- Assessing risk
- Handling the finances
- Measuring success, monitoring and evaluation
Getting the basics right will help to prevent problems arising in the future. Our advisors are experienced in running community-based groups and projects, and have access to a huge range of templates, toolkits and other resources so you don’t have to ‘re-invent the wheel’.
Some of these resources are available to download as a starting point,. Use the links on the right to find the right information for you. If you’d prefer to talk to someone who can answer your questions please contact your nearest centre to arrange an appointment with a Groups Advisor.