As colder weather sets in, the Government has revealed new figures estimating that 11 million households still stand to save £200 or more by switching their gas and electricity supplier!
Community Lincs are delivering an extensive programme of outreach to vulnerable consumers and frontline workers this Winter through the Department of Energy and Climate Change Programme Big Energy Saving Network and the Citizens Advice Bureau Energy Best Deal.
Consumers will receive impartial advice and support on:
- Suitable tariffs, the cheapest way to pay bills, and how to reduce the amount of energy they use.
- Taking control over their tariff and supplier and how to get the best deal to suit them and their needs.
- Hear about schemes offered by the Government or energy suppliers that could help with their energy costs.
Frontline workers will receive information that will assist them to support those vulnerable consumers they work with to:
- Cut energy bills through switching tariff or payment method.
- Explore eligibility for the Warm Home Discount, the Energy Company Obligation and other energy efficiency schemes.
If you are interested in booking a session for a consumer group, or a group of staff or volunteers please contact:
Janet Clark, Roy Pell or Samantha Smith at Community Lincs
Telephone 01529 301962 / 301964 / 301960
There is no charge and sessions are fun and interactive!