Morrisons is inviting registered charities in England, Scotland and Wales to apply to be its next charity partner.
Morrisons, one of the UK’s biggest food retailers, have a long history of supporting great causes through its ‘Raise A Smile’ charity partnership programme, which runs for three years at a time. During this time the charity partner can expect to receive at least £2 million a year (a total of at least £6 million over the three years). This money comes from the fundraising efforts of Morrisons’ staff and customers in its 492 stores and at its manufacturing and logistics sites and head office.
Registered charities in England, Wales or Scotland can apply as long as they operate and deliver services in England, Wales, or Scotland.
In addition, they should be able to demonstrate the following:
- They deliver services or projects on a national scale, but with strong relevance to local communities.
- Their cause and brand resonates with colleagues and customers in all Morrisons locations.
- They are able to provide proactive corporate partnership support, including a dedicated account manager.
- They are able to provide excellent support to colleagues across all levels of Morrisons.
- They have experience of delivering dynamic fundraising and communications campaigns, tailored to suit the needs of individual corporate partners.
- They understand Morrisons as a business, its key opportunities and challenges when engaging Morrisons colleagues and customers on charitable giving.
The funding should:
- Benefit a large number of people across England, Scotland and Wales, rather than overseas.
- Be used for a specific project or service outside the charity’s business-as-usual operation (and will be classified as restricted funds for this purpose).
- Be used for a service or project that is sustainable after the partnership ends.
The new partnership will run from 1 February 2017 to 1 February 2020.
The deadline for applications is 16 June 2016 (midnight).
For further details please visit the website here.