North Kesteven District Council is proud to announce the launch of the 4th annual North Kesteven Community Champion Awards, in association with Lincs FM, The Lincolnite and the Sleaford Target.
The NK Community Champion Awards are your chance to say thank you to a person, group or business that has made a real difference to your local community. NKDC are looking for people who work quietly, tirelessly and voluntarily in the district, and their efforts will be celebrated at a special event at The Venue, Navenby on 11th September 2014.
Nominations can include someone who looks after an elderly or disadvantaged person for no reward, a dedicated charity fundraiser, someone who inspires others and encourages involvement in the arts, sports or for environmental or somehow goes beyond the call of duty, or even a business which gives something back to the community.
To ensure North Kesteven’s community champions get the recognition they deserve, nominate them for one or more of these categories:
- Young Achievers Award: A young person aged 19 or under who has shown amazing bravery or excelled in any way, perhaps under adversity or through leadership.
- Community Business of the Year: A company or sole-trader whose business initiatives have made a difference to their local communities.
- Community Spirit: Personal service to the community through hard work, dedication and commitment.
- Contribution to a better environment: A group, school, club, business or individual whose actions have a positive impact on the environment, locally, in a broader way or globally.
- Contribution to the Arts & Culture: Any group, school, club, business or individual whose actions have a positive impact on the cultural richness of the District.
- Contribution to Sport: A group, school, club, business or individual whose actions have a positive impact on sports and physical activity locally.
- Contribution to Health & Wellbeing: an individual or group that has contributed to the wellbeing of others, or made positive healthy lifestyle changes – both physical or psychological – for themselves or others.
- Sustainable Transport Award: an individual, group or business which has had a positive impact on sustainable travel within the community.
Nominate online here.