The Santander Foundation’s Community Plus scheme offers grants to local charities that are working to help disadvantaged people locally across the UK.
UK registered charities with local projects that benefit disadvantaged people can apply for grants of up to £5,000 to help with the specific costs of local projects.
The funding is intended to assist with the cost of salaries, equipment and materials that are directly related to projects that benefit disadvantaged people in the applicant’s local area. Santander wants to fund an entire element rather than make a contribution to a larger budget.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Individuals – including trips, overseas volunteering, GAP year activity, medical treatment, bursary schemes, grants for studying or research.
- Fundraising activities.
- Unregistered charities, not for profit groups, Community Amateur Sports Clubs, exempt or excepted charities.
- Community Interest Companies.
- Social Enterprises.
- Other funders and grant makers including bursaries.
- Charities which restrict their beneficiaries to a single religious or single ethnic group.
- Events, conferences or sponsorship.
- Party political activity.
Nomination forms are available to download from the Foundation’s website.
Entries will be considered regionally and successful charities will be notified within a month of submitting their nomination.
Nominations can be made at any time.
For further information please visit the fund website here.