The current Tesco Bags of Help is now actively seeking community project for its next funding round. As previously reported, the fund now has a much wider criteria.
What types of projects will Bags of Help fund?
The types of projects funded will be very broad and will cover the direct costs needed to deliver the project, this could range from:
- Purchasing items which will benefit local community groups such as sports kit, specialised medical equipment, art and crafts materials, spades, litter pickers, camping equipment.
- Improvements to a building that benefits the local community such as a Scout or Guide hut, church or village hall, changing facilities for sports.
- Developing an outdoor space play area, allotment, park, school grounds, woodland or wildlife area.
- Running a community event or activity such as fun runs, village fete, clean-up day, tree planting, bird watch.
- Supporting seasonal activities such as purchasing new Christmas lights, supporting a Christmas meal for the homeless or a Diwali celebration event for the community etc.
Bags of Help can fund 100% of your project costs so you do not have to have any match funding. However, if you secured additional funding, there is no limit to what this amount can be and any funding awarded by Bags of Help can form part of your wider project costs.
The maximum amount that can now be applied for is £4,000 and it is now voted on by the public every two months: 1st place £4,000, 2nd £2,000, 3rd £1000.
Your project can be a stand-alone project or discrete, self-contained part of a larger scheme or part of a phased project. You will need to complete your project within twelve months of receipt of the grant.
For any projects that are making a physical improvement to an outdoor space, you will need the landowner’s permission and you might also need other permissions – e.g. planning permission. These need to be in place before you submit your application and the landowner permission form will need to be completed and signed as part of your application.
For further information please visit the website here.