There is a Tri-Golf Activator Workshop available at Gainsborough Golf Club, Lincolnshire on Tuesday 1st September 2.45-4.45pm.
The Tri-Golf Activators course is designed to familiarise individuals with the Tri-Golf equipment, the game cards and associated resources. Individuals receive a manual containing 5 lesson plans linked to the Key Stage 2 curriculum, resources for running a skills festival, posters and information about Tri-Golf Skills Award scheme. By the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
– Introduce golf to a large group of children in a fun and safe way.
– Use a variety of game cards and equipment to maximise inclusion and progression of activity.
– Understand and apply simple games to aid learning.
– Enjoy enhanced competence and confidence in delivering Tri-Golf to children.
In addition, as the workshop has been geared towards the needs of teachers, those attending should be able to:
– Link Tri-Golf to the four strands of the PE Curriculum (Key Stages 1 and 2).
– Link Tri-Golf to other areas of the curriculum such as maths, using the Tri-Golf Numeracy Book.
– Understand follow-on opportunities for their pupils within local community coaching programmes and through links to local golf clubs.
PGA Professionals will be credited with 10 CPD points by the PGA for successful completion/participation in this workshop.
If you would like to attend the upcoming workshop, please fill in the form below along with a cheque payable to “The Golf Foundation” for the amount of £20, returning to:
The Spinning Wheel
Dowload: Tri-Golf workshop application