Lincolnshire Agricultural Chaplaincy and Rural Support Trust
Part-time Consultancy Role
Job Title: Appeals Manager
Reporting to: Trust Chairman
Background: The Chaplaincy Trust is seeking to raise over 10 years £3million to enable it to employ operational Agricultural chaplains to continue the work currently being delivered by Rev Alan Robson. Specifically, to enable the extension of his role in supporting Lincolnshire agricultural communities and his work as part of the Lincolnshire Rural Support Network.
The Chaplaincy Trust Board comprises representatives from the Diocese of Lincoln; the Lincolnshire Methodist District Council; Lincolnshire Rural Support Network; Lincolnshire Community Foundation and Lincolnshire Agricultural Society.
Job Purpose To develop and deliver a fund-raising strategy for the Trust working with the 5 partner organisations.
• Develop and agree with the 5 partner organisations a fund-raising plan, utilising their wide network of contacts to attract donations; bequests; transfers of ‘frustrated’ trusts; and other financial contributions.
• Develop and agree a marketing and communications plan leading to a launch event in April 2019
• Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
• Work with the Chaplaincy Funding Committee to develop a specific contact and appeals plan covering each partner organisation, oversee its implementation, and monitor response.
• Draft letters and provide coordination and marketing contacts to ensure all communication meets the standard required by the Trust Board
• Work with the Trust Board to plan and organise the launch event, undertaking the administration of the event.
Follow up potential opportunities from this event.
• Work closely with Lincolnshire Community Foundation to enable them to manage the process of transferring ‘redundant’ and ‘frustrated’ trusts
Information, Communication, Reporting
• Evaluate and report on all donors and potential donors, providing a bi-monthly update to the Board
• Ensure information and knowledge is shared with partners to avoid duplication.
• Ensure compliance with data protection regulations.
• Develop productive working relationships with partner organisations and stakeholders
• Network effectively and act as an Ambassador for the Chaplaincy Trust.
• Develop and agree, with the Chairman, budgets for the delivery of all activities, and ensure delivery within budget. Development
• Maintain own work and activity records and invoice the Trust monthly for remuneration/consultancy fees and expenses.
Health and Safety
• Comply with all relevant rules and requirements, using the knowledge base of the partner organisations as required.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com or call 01529 305825 for further information.