A vacancy has arisen for the position of Clerk to Heckington Almshouse Charity and Relief in Need Charity.
Flexible working hours to include occasional evening meetings.
- Arrange convenient dates for and attend meetings of the Trustees.
- Prepare and distribute agendas and minutes for such meetings.
- Collect weekly maintenance contributions from residents every four weeks where required.
- Deal with all correspondence on behalf of the Trustees.
- Act as intermediary between the Trustees and residents as above.
- Obtain estimates from suitable contractors and arrange for repairs and maintenance work to be carried out at the almshouses.
- When gas bill is received take meter readings from individual meters and calculate these as a percentage.
- Prepare and process applications for new residents.
- Discuss and process application forms for Relief in Need.
- Invoice tenants every 6 months.
- Deal with all aspects of banking matters and reconcile monthly.
- Maintain account books for both charities and record all transactions.
- Submit any relevant returns to the local authority.
For further information please telephone Chairman of the Trustees: 01529 461403.
Applications should be submitted in writing together with a current CV to the following address: The Chairman of the Trustees, Mrs M Thomas, 6 Boston Road, Heckington, Sleaford, NG34 9JE.