You might not be decking the halls and trawling the supermarket aisles just yet, but that time of year will shortly be upon us and we’re expecting once again to hear from volunteers offering their free time over the festive period.
Organisations across the district welcome volunteers who are willing to go that bit further to spread the festive cheer but this does take some planning and, just like finding that elusive special gift, some people can leave it all a bit too late. Here are our top tips for getting involved this Christmas.
- Start thinking about what you might like to do and get registered with us. Appointments are available every day at venues throughout the district and can be booked online at: www.voluntarycentreservices.org.uk.
- Ask around in your local community to see if there is already an event planned. You could even let us know so that we can help more people to get involved.
- Check online for forums or support pages where you can offer some digital friendship to someone who may be lonely on the big day itself.
- Thinking about something longer term? Follow our volunteering Advent Calendar on facebook to find your perfect role for the New Year.
- Our final festive tip: Unlike your last minute shopping, don’t leave it until Christmas Eve to phone us about volunteering over the holidays!
Whatever you are looking for over Christmas, just drop us a line and we’ll help to get the bauble rolling.
You can contact us on 01427 613470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org