Would you like to influence improving new treatments through research within United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust? Then consider joining The Lincolnshire Research Patient and Public Forum (LRPPF).
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) support Patient and Public (PPI) in the research process carried out in health care settings. Their Forum is based within United Lincolnshire Hospitals (ULHT), and has some liaison with the University of Lincoln (UoL).
The aims of the Forum are
- to improve people’s experience in clinical trials and their outcomes
- to provide advice on research proposals from a patient/carer perspective
- to support shared decision making between service users and health professionals
- to advise the Lincolnshire Clinical Research Facility (LCRF) and the Trust on the direction of high quality research, training and embedding a research culture
- to assist and influence the Trust board, senior management and clinicians to ensure clinical trials are part of the Trust’s core business
- to ensure Trust clinical research has a patient/carer focus
- to provide independent unbiased advise and support to new patients undertaking clinical trials
- to increase public understanding
- ensure research is accessible to all
Membership of the LRPPF is open to patients/carers who have been, or are about to be, involved in medical research, or are interested in medical research. It is a voluntary role, and travel expenses are paid. Meetings are held every 3 months.
If you would like to talk to someone regarding the Forum or call for some unbiased advice, please contact Rose Brown, Chairperson, via Simone Seychell: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01522 512512, ext. 582059.